29 Mar COVID-19 stimulus and support measures winding back
A number of important COVID-19 related government stimulus and support measures are now coming to an end, and some others have begun phasing out, which will occur over a slightly longer period.
This means that businesses and individuals need to prepare for an environment where the government safety net is not as wide.
TIP: If you or your business need information on managing your financial arrangements as you face the winding down of these government supports, we’re here to help – contact us today.
The following are, at the time of writing, among the measures that will cease at the end of March 2021:
- JobKeeper (ends 28 March);
- Coronavirus Supplement (ends 31 March);
- the temporary COVID-19 qualification rules for JobSeeker payment and youth allowance (end 31 March);
- HomeBuilder (ends 31 March); and
- some apprenticeship wage subsidies (end 31 March).